Thursday, November 11, 2010

TESTIMONIAL FROM LINDA HARTLING Ph. D.

Dearest Raymond, Your book, "Riding the Tides of Life", arrived a few days ago and I finished reading it! THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your contribution to the HumanDHS Library! Let me CONGRATULATE YOU on being a compassionate, clear, and insightful voice for those who have suffered mental illness and homelessness! I very much appreciated reading your book!

I have the deepest admiration for what you are doing in your life, dear
Raymond! As you say in your letter, "I believe that "Breaking My Silence"
is the least I can do to help reduce the stigma and discrimination faced
by individuals who have experienced or are struggling with a mental
illness." Evelin and I CELEBRATE people like you who truly "walk the
talk" of their work!

Thank you, too, for sending the draft of your WONDERFUL presentation
(Breaking Silence with Creative Writings)!!! This is CRUCIAL work!!! You
are my role model of turning ideas into action to promote human
dignity!

Linda M. Hartling, Ph.D.
Director of Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies
Lake Oswego, OR. U.S.A.

1 comment: